Welcome to "Vintage Goods"

Welcome to "Vintage Goods"

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Painted my Door

I always hated this door. Its has to be there. Thru the door is my 4 seasons room. Love this room my husband built but hated the door. I tried to paint the door and it turned out nice but I really wanted wood which was not in the budget.
Then I discovered ASCP which has totally change my life on painting. I will tackle anything to use this paint on. Here`s the door now.
The door is metal with plastic wood grain. I use old white and lots of dark wax.
It looks so much better. You can`t tell its not wood now.
Cute handle my husband added for me.
See that paneling behind the door, that's next!

3 comments:

  1. I loved what you did with this door first time you showed it to me... The aprons are a really cute cute touch!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Toni,
    You know how much I love this paint. Most of those aprons were my moms, makes me happy to look at them everyday.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne!
    Now you've inspired me! Great transformation on the door! You've got the dark wax down pat! So many people seem to be intimidated by it, but you're obviously very comfortable using it and do a wonderful job! Thank you for visiting me! I look forward to following you and seeing more of your lovely work!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete