Welcome to "Vintage Goods"

Welcome to "Vintage Goods"

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Old Trunk

I would of never thought this old spray painted trunk would turn out like this. I was working at the antique mall and was approached by a client and ask what I thought it would look like painted. I hesitate to answer as I look at this old trunk. It still smell like newly spray enamel spray paint. It was missing it handles and had a whole lots of problems structurally. I could see the potential thru all that and encourage my client I could  accomplish the look she was looking for.
 This before picture is after I found some new kitchen handles at Lowes that fit perfect where the old strap handles were missing. My husband help me out with the structure problem and cut two pieces of wood that he added to the bottom which later we would add rollers.
 ASCP in Old White with clear wax and a whole lot of dark wax.
The handles look perfect painted and wax.
The dark wax really brought out the detail in this old trunk.
 I really wish I would of took more pictures of the trunk. The rollers on the bottom was a great idea to easily move the heavy trunk around. My client just love the trunk and was so surprise how it turn out. Now I am on the hunt to find another one. The trunk was made out of wood and metal. Once again Annie Sloan to the rescue. You really can use this paint on any surface.
As always thank you for stopping by and all your sweet comments.
Sharing this week again with a few of my favorite blogs friends.

Miss Mustard Seed
Shades of Amber
Primitive & Proper
Debbiedoo`s
REDOUX 




36 comments:

  1. what a sweet trunk! it would make a great coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cassie. My client is using the trunk for a coffee table. Thanks for hosting.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Oh! Oh!--you gave it to your client! I think I would have had to keep it...it is gorgeous. You have a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I hated this trunk when I brought it home. I absolutely can`t wait to find another one for myself!
      Anne

      Delete
  4. Anne this trunk now is very beautitul, great job you did with it, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made this trunk look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so inspired, Anne! I have an old trunk in my garage that needs this treatment for sure! So many people are afraid of the dark wax. Like you, I use it liberally! You have done a fantastic favor to this little trunk which was formerly boring and brown. Now it's a statement piece! Nicely done!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. I just love the dark wax too. Thanks for stopping by, I`m always inspired with your work too.
      Anne

      Delete
  7. I love this! It's a neat piece and it looks great with the dark wax!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the trunk! I have one that was painted white many moons ago, but I do not like the look. Looks like I know what my next painting project is! Nice job! And, I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful job on the trunk, it looks Beautiful!! I'm now a follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the trunk I love what you did with it. It looks great. I hve a vitage trunk too. Check it out on clochesandlavender.com. Saw you on the newbie party.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany and that couch was gorgeous that Cassie feature. Wonderful job.
      Anne

      Delete
  12. You did a great makeover on the old trunk. I've always loved old trunks. Im now following you. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and maybe you'll follow back??? THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candy and following you right back.
      Anne

      Delete
  13. Anne you do gorgeous work! Congrats on being newbie spotlight of the week from Shannon Fox Hollow cottage. The gals have tag teamed with me to help pick newbies to showcase. So glad you joined in the newbie party and I hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Debbie for hosting and helping us new bloggers to get out there in blogland.
      Anne

      Delete
  14. I love this trunk! Thanks so much for linking it up at http://www.doodlesandstitches.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!! I just scored a sad looking trunk that could use a little lipstick like your gal!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, so glad you like.
      Anne

      Delete
  16. Love your trunk! I have a couple of them piled in my garage and you just gave me a great idea! I also like your replacement handles from Lowes! Thanks so much for sharing! Found you on Pinterest and I'm happy to be your newest follower. Would love to have you stop by for a visit. Judy @ www.vintagestreetdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Judy and following you right back.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can you say where you found the kitchen handles? I just bought a trunk this past weekend at an auction, and it's missing one of it's handles. I may try an old belt (to attempt to match the other one that survived), but just in case I'd love another option. LOVe what you did with yours ... I hope Annie will love my trunk as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I purchased the handles at Lowes. They are metal kitchen cabinet handles. I attach them on trunk and painted and wax them on the trunk. Thanks for your comment. Anne

      Delete
    2. Gorgeous! CAn i use dark wax on duck egg blue to achieve the same look? I have an old ugly green trunk I am looking to spiff up :) thanks! Love your site!
      kelli

      Delete
    3. Hi Kelly, yes you can use dark wax with duck egg. Just remember to clear wax first then dark. If you look at my post of french bureau I use duck egg, clear and dark wax. Thanks for stopping by.
      Anne

      Delete
  19. Thank you so much for linking up to my Paint Party!!! I love the Trunk

    brooke
    startathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to do this to my trunk but confused as to what the wax is for and how to use it or get it? Would love to do mine in the light blue :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete