Welcome to "Vintage Goods"

Welcome to "Vintage Goods"

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Metal Locker

Found this old trunk at the flea market, nobody wanted it as it had the bottom about rusted off. I took the chance that my best buddy could fixer right up. If you remember I did a old trunk a while back for a client and it turn out wonderful. This trunk was completely made different. No wood, basically a metal locker.
Yup, this is my best buddy taking the time to help a gal out. The trunk is in the background, only picture I could find before. My buddy cut a new bottom out of 1x3 and attached to bottom. All the leather handles were still there in good shape on this metal trunk. I got busy with my paintbrush and Annie Sloan Old White.
 Love my Annie Sloan as you can use this paint on anything. I use very little clear wax, just a quick brush and let dry and wipe off. Then the fun part, mix dark wax with odorless mineral spirits. Brush the dark wax mixture on and wipe. So simple.
The inside was another story. Remember the bottom inside was rusted thru.
 Mod podge the inside with vintage sheets of tissue paper. So pretty.
The trunk is small and low perfect for blankets and quilts. Added the wheels on the bottom for height.
Love how the metal rivets look with the dark mineral spirit wax.
 This and many more beautiful furniture is traveling to The Festival of the Little Hills in St. Charles, Mo.
August 17,18 and 19.  As always sharing with a few of my blog friends.
Anne

Miss Mustard Seed
Primitive and Proper
Shades of Amber
Farmhouse Porch
Doodles&Stitches
Debbiedoo`s
Cowgirl Up

19 comments:

  1. Thanks Anne for joining me. This is a super trunk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie for hosting.
      Anne

      Delete
  2. Hi Anne! I'm so glad to find you! And, glad you found me! We'll be up that way this fall--from northeast Arkansas--I hope. I want to stop by your booth! I might talk John into the festival. Is it a large one? I like your blog and am a new follower. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and would love to meet you too. Hope you make the festival in august.
      Anne

      Delete
  3. I just found you through Debbiedoo's and am your newest follower! (a fellow newbie ;)
    Love this trunk!!
    Susan
    must love junk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, just love your blog. Thank you for stopping by.
      Anne

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the dark wax and how it brings out the detail. And the inside finish is such a fun surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn for always taking the time to stop by.
      Anne

      Delete
  5. I just found you through Debbiedoo's. I love your trunk and was quite surprised you are from St Charles, MO. I am from Alton, Ill. but am presently in Myrtle Beach, SC. Will be following you now.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy for stopping by my blog. Sounds like were old neighbors. I love Alton, I have a few favorite shops there I love to visit.
      Anne

      Delete
  6. I love how this trunk turned out! Amazing stuff that ASCP ; o )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia, yup,love my Annie Sloan.
      Anne

      Delete
  7. Hi There,

    I'm your newest follower! You turned an ordinary trunk into a treasure! I love the way it turned out!
    ~Margie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margie for stopping by.
      Anne

      Delete
  8. This is so lovely! You did a beautiful job transforming it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne,
    This is so sweet. It is totally transformed and I love it. Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic web site! I am loving it!! Will be back later to study some much more.

    vintage metal lockers for sale

    ReplyDelete