Welcome to "Vintage Goods"

Welcome to "Vintage Goods"

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall in Paris

Italian made gold tables, light as a feather. I remember my mom having some of these. Lots of little detail you can`t see with the gold.
 Paris Grey is probably one of my favorite colors. Its magic in the can.
Water down my paint just enough to leave some gold showing.
 Wax with clear then use mineral spirits mix with the dark wax.

I painted my pumpkins with a mix of Arles and Old Ochre, then clear and dark wax. They look real,don't they.  Getting ready for fall and just had to show you my country farm lady. Setting up for fall is always one of my favorite times of the year.
Sharing with so old and new friends this week. Thanks for stopping by.
Anne

Miss Mustard Seed
Primitive and Proper
Shades of Amber
Debbiedoos
Fox Hollow Cottage
Doodles and Stitches
A Potpourri of Life at 2805

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful inspiration! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris grey and gold showing, love that!!!
    Why do you mix mineral spirits with dark wax?
    Is it easier to control the darkness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sayuri, I dont always used my dark wax with mineral spirits, only on pieces that are not real wood,like metal, plastic, faux wood etc. Clear wax first always, then use the dark wax mix and use a cotton cloth to wipe on and off. Learn this from Annie Sloan book. This method I do NOT use on my antique furniture. Hope that answers your question:)
      Anne

      Delete
  3. Stopped by the mall yesterday and saw your booth. It looks awesome ,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Janet, I was there till around 330pm.
      I sure wish I could of meet you. I didn`t realize you live close. Thank you for your nice comment. Would love to meet you and talk.
      Anne

      Delete
  4. Anne, thank you so much for the answer.
    I never knew it was meant for non real wood.
    The way you use dark wax is always so beautiful, I really admire your talent:)

    The reply box after your answer didn't work for me for some reason, so I'm writing a new comment.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table look gorgeous with the Paris Grey and a bit of gold showing through! I think PG is my favorite color too. Yes, I totally thought those were real pumpkins...but a different kind than the usual orange. I was going to ask you what kind they were. hehe! Lovely.

    Happy Saturday,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jami for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I love your blog, Freckled Laundry!!!

      Delete
  6. All I can think of is Goldmember from James Bond! You made those tables look soooo much better! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, thank you very much!
      Anne

      Delete