Welcome to "Vintage Goods"

Welcome to "Vintage Goods"

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Suitcase Addiction

Each year that goes by I try to organize my Christmas decorations as I put them away to make it easier to pull out each year. I came up with this great idea to salvaged vintage suitcases and store all my Christmas décor in them. This way was super easy to organize and the same time was simple to store and look great in my house décor at the same time. So to say I have a few suitcases is a under statement. I only buy clean vintage suitcases and probably been collecting for about 10 years. This past Christmas season my friends at secondhandchicmarketplace.com made a display of a Christmas tree in suitcases.  I was over the top in love at first sight! My mind would not rest as I knew I had to do this at home! First I had to empty all of my Christmas décor out of the suitcases and I couldn't get done fast enough. I don't live in a big house so finding a place was not easy. This is what I came up with in the living room.
I just love how it came together!
I love the vintage wooden rulers added as stars!
What you think?
 
Hope everyone is staying warm.
Hugs,
Anne

4 comments:

  1. Love it....and I really love the stars, it added another dimension!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxanne for the great idea!

      Delete
  2. How cute is that! You know I share your love of vintage suitcases, and you've got some beauties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen! I love all the suitcases you had on Facebook! Can`t wait to get my hands on some at VMD come April!!!

      Delete